- Mission of Japan to the African Union and United Nations Development Programme Regional Service Center for Africa (UNDP RSCA) co-hosted a workshop under the theme “Entrepreneurship, 21st Century Leadership skills, Employment Opportunities in the Blue Economy, and from Technological Innovation” in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from the 9th to 11th April 2019.
- This workshop was aiming at capacity building and network expansion of African young entrepreneurs in the framework of YouthConnekt which is UNDP programme for African youth to develop their skills, entrepreneurship, access to jobs and finance, among others. Approximately 50 young entrepreneurs associated to YouthConnekt from 20 African countries took part in the workshop. African and Japanese experts presented current and concrete information an challenges in the area of ICT, Blue Economy, and TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training).
- On the 1st day of the workshop, keynote address were made by; H.E. Ambassador Albert M. Muchanga, Commissioner for Trade and Industry, Commission of the African Union, Ms. Semegn Wubie, State Minister of Women, Children and Youth, Dr. Shumete Gizaw, State Minister of Innovation and Technology, and Mr. Ato Tesfaye, Advisor to the State Minister of Finance.
- H.E. Fumio Shimizu, Japanese Ambassador to the African Union, briefed the participants about achievements of TICAD and prospects for TICAD 7 scheduled 28-30 August 2019 in Yokohama.
- Mission of Japan to the African Union and UNDP RSCA will continue to support efforts towards capacity building for young African entrepreneurs.
(Keynote Address by H.E. Ambassador Albert M. Muchanga)
(Opening Remarks by H.E. Fumio Shimizu, Japanese Ambassador to the African Union)